Facebook Not Letting Users Delete Their Own Comments

Here is video proof that Facebook is not letting people delete their own comments. The video shows me trying to delete two different comments, using three different browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Watch the video and see for yourself. Very frustrating!

Watch Video

Download and watch a zipped MP4 video file that demonstrates the FB “can’t delete comments” problem:

Facebook Can't Delete Comments – Version 1.0 (13 MB zip)

Sorry for the poor production quality. I only have so much allotted free time to spend farting around and troubleshooting on Facebook. If you watch closely, however, you will see that clearly that something (either a bug or intentional f*ckery) is preventing me from deleting/managing my own comments. And I tend to delete FB crap frequently, because I am a thoughtful person who will go back and remove any weird comments or posts that I think are silly, low quality, or just some sort of rant/venting.

Also notice in the video: the comments that I am trying to delete DO NOT show up on my “Activity Log”, so impossible to try deleting from that location. I.e., the comments I am trying to delete were posted AFTER the latest post that shows in my Activity Log. So another/related weird Facebook problem/bug.

No more commenting on FB

So now looks like I can’t comment anymore on Facebook. Because there is nothing worse than wanting to delete some stupid comment and not being able to do it. Quite simply: there are better, funner things to do than sit around and wonder why Facebook doesn’t work properly.

Facebook: this is either a bug, or it is deliberate. I am hoping it’s just a bug. But either way, I won’t be commenting on your site until the issue is resolved and I can once again delete my own comments.

Take Home Message

Be super careful leaving comments and posting on Facebook. Unless you literally NEVER will need to delete anything, best to play it safe and think carefully before sharing your thoughts while surfing around looking at other people’s goofy FB nonsense.




from Perishable Press https://ift.tt/2SmAuET

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Free Professional Resume Cover Letter Format Templates for Jobs 2020

How to Effectively Manage a Remote Team

How to Create Gantt Charts in PowerPoint With PPT Templates